Creating Young News Readers
St Mary’s University College, in collaboration with the Irish News and supported by CBI invite you to participate in our Irish News Critical Literacy Project.
Thousands of local children are already improving their literacy through reading The Irish News.
- The Irish News ‘Young News Readers’ Project launches January 2021
- All pupils will receive a weekly copy or e-Paper of our bespoke 64 page Irish News School Edition
- 8 week project
- Critical media literacy project- focused on key stage 2 & 3 pupils
- Every student will receive a copy of the Irish News School Edition every week for an 8 week period and a certificate of achievement on completion of the project
- Adaptable for primary and post-primary schools
- Teacher resource booklet created by Head of Literacy at St. Mary’s University College, Belfast
- Endorsed by CBI, EY and Ulster Bank
- Guest Editor: Little Penny Thoughts for the first edition of The Young News Readers Project